If you’re planning on getting married soon, you might be wondering how much you should budget for your honeymoon.
Table of Contents
- Average Honeymoon Costs Guide
- How to Start Planning for an Unforgettable Honeymoon
- How much does the average honeymoon cost?
- Budgeting for your honeymoon
- Honeymoon Budget Checklist:
- How to save money on your honeymoon
- Not sure how much you’ll spend on your wedding?
- Funding resources to consider when planning a honeymoon
- The most economical time of year to travel for a honeymoon
- The most popular honeymoon destinations
Average Honeymoon Costs Guide
After all, it’s supposed to be a once-in-a-lifetime trip!
Luckily, we’ve put together this helpful guide on average honeymoon costs so that you can start planning accordingly.
How to Start Planning for an Unforgettable Honeymoon
There are a lot of things to think about when you start planning your honeymoon. The first step is to decide what kind of trip you want to take.
Do you want to stay close to home or travel to a far-off destination?
Once you’ve decided on that, you need to start thinking about your budget. How much can you afford to spend on your honeymoon?
Once you’ve found a few places that look promising, start reading reviews from other couples who have stayed there.
This will give you a good idea of what to expect from the resort and help you narrow down your choices.
Once you’ve settled on a destination, it’s time to start thinking about all the fun things you’ll do on your honeymoon.
Will you spend your days lounging by the pool or exploring the local sights?
Will you spend evenings dining at romantic restaurants or dancing the night away at the hotel’s nightclub?
Whatever you decide to do, make sure you plan ahead so that everything goes smoothly and you have an unforgettable honeymoon experience!
How much does the average honeymoon cost?
Your honeymoon is one of the most important and romantics trips you’ll ever take, but it can also be one of the most expensive.
The average cost of a honeymoon is $4,466, according to a survey of nearly 13,000 couples by The Knot.
But, there are ways to keep the cost down without sacrificing any of the romance.
Here are a few tips:
Set a budget:
Before you start planning anything, sit down with your partner and figure out how much you’re comfortable spending on your honeymoon.
Once you have a number in mind, you can start looking at options that fit within your budget.
Be flexible with your dates:
Traveling during the off-peak season can help you save big on airfare and accommodations. If you’re willing to travel during shoulder seasons or even winter, you’ll likely find better deals.
Think outside the traditional honeymoon:
If you’re not interested in spending your hard-earned money on a weeklong beach vacation, there are plenty of other options out there. Consider taking a road trip through some of America’s most beautiful national parks or renting a cozy cabin in the woods. No matter what you choose, make sure it’s something
Here are some ballpark costs for a range of honeymoon destinations:
- One week in Cancun, Punta Cana or Puerto Rico: $3,500–$8,400
- One week in Hawaii: $3,500–$5,000
- One week in Bali, Tahiti, Fiji or Bora Bora: $10,000 and up
- 10-day European tour: $10,000–$15,000
- 10 days in Thailand: $6,000 and up (not including airfare)
- 10-day African safari: $16,000–$20,000 (not including airfare)
Budgeting for your honeymoon
When you start planning your honeymoon, it’s important to have a budget in mind.
The average cost of a honeymoon can vary greatly depending on where you’re going and what you’re doing.
Here are some tips to help you budget for your honeymoon:
- 1. Decide what you want to do: Are you looking for a relaxing beach vacation or an action-packed adventure?
- Knowing what you want to do on your honeymoon will help you narrow down your destination choices and budget accordingly.
- 2. Consider your travel dates: Traveling during peak season will generally be more expensive than traveling during off-peak times.
- If your travel dates are flexible, consider traveling during shoulder seasons or low seasons for cheaper rates.
- 3. Look for deals and discounts: There are often deals and discounts available for honeymooners, so be sure to look around for the best deals before booking anything.
- 4. Set a realistic budget: Once you’ve done your research, it’s time to set a realistic budget for your honeymoon. Keep in mind that the average cost of a honeymoon can range from $2000-$5000, so be sure to plan accordingly.
- 5. Stick to your budget.
Honeymoon Budget Checklist:
There’s no doubt that planning a wedding can be expensive, and when it comes to your honeymoon, you may be wondering how much you should budget.
Here is a helpful guide to give you an idea of average honeymoon costs.
The cost of flights will obviously vary depending on your destination, but you can expect to spend around $1,000-$1,500 for two round-trip tickets.
Again, prices will depend on the location of your honeymoon, but you can estimate spending $150-$250 per night for a nice hotel room or suite.
If you’re looking to save money, consider renting a vacation home or condo instead.
One of the best parts of any honeymoon is indulging in delicious food! Whether you’re trying local cuisine or splurging on romantic dinners, you can expect to spend $50-$100 per day on meals.
From scuba diving and snorkeling to horseback riding and hiking, there are plenty of activities to enjoy on your honeymoon.
Many hotels and resorts offer package deals that include some activities, so be sure to ask about those when you’re booking your stay
How to save money on your honeymoon
Your honeymoon is one of the most important trips of your life, so you’ll want to make sure it’s perfect.
But what if you don’t have a lot of money to spend? Here are some tips on how to save money on your honeymoon without sacrificing quality:
- Travel during the off-season. This will help you avoid peak travel times and prices.
- Consider an all-inclusive resort. This can help you save money on food and activities.
- Book your travel and accommodation well in advance. This will give you time to shop around for the best deals.
- Use frequent flyer miles or points to book your flights. This can help you save a ton of money on airfare.
- Be flexible with your travel dates. This will allow you to find cheaper flights and accommodation rates.
- Avoid tourist traps. This will help you save money on activities and souvenirs.
- Stay in an Airbnb instead of a hotel. This can help you save money on accommodation costs.
- Plan your meals in advance. This will help you save money on food costs.
Not sure how much you’ll spend on your wedding?
If you’re like most Americans, you probably don’t have a ton of money saved up for your wedding.
In fact, according to The Knot’s 2017 Real Wedding Study, the average cost of a wedding is $33,391 (not including the honeymoon). That’s a lot of money!
If you’re worried about how much your wedding will cost, you’re not alone. In fact, one of the most common questions we get from brides is “How much does the average wedding cost?“
The answer to that question depends on a lot of factors, including where you’re getting married, how many people you’re inviting, and what kind of wedding you want.
But if you’re looking for a ballpark figure, The Knot’s study found that the average cost of a wedding in 2017 was $33,391.
Of course, your honeymoon is going to add to that total.
If you’re trying to save money on your wedding and honeymoon, there are a few things you
Funding resources to consider when planning a honeymoon
When it comes to funding your honeymoon, there are a few different options to consider.
If you have good credit, you may be able to finance your trip with a low-interest credit card.
You can also look into personal loans or even tapping into your home equity if you own a home.
Another option is to set up a honeymoon registry, where guests can contribute funds towards your trip.
This can be a great way to offset some of the costs, and it also lets guests feel like they are contributing to something special.
Of course, you can always save up for your honeymoon in advance by setting aside money each month.
This may not be the most exciting way to fund your trip, but it is certainly the most disciplined!
The most economical time of year to travel for a honeymoon
While the average honeymoon costs about $4,000, there are ways to save on your dream trip.
The most economical time of year to travel for a honeymoon is during the shoulder season, which is typically late April through early June, or September through mid-October.
raveling during these times can save you up to 30% on airfare and accommodations. Another way to reduce costs is by choosing a less popular destination.
Consider destinations like Costa Rica, Portugal, or Israel, which offer great value and plenty of romantic options.
The most popular honeymoon destinations
There are many factors to consider when planning your honeymoon, but one of the most important is your budget.
So how much does the average honeymoon cost?
According to a survey of over 2,000 couples, the average cost of a honeymoon is $4,466.
However, this number can vary greatly depending on where you go and what you do.
The most popular honeymoon destinations tend to be in tropical locations like the Caribbean, Hawaii, or Mexico.
These locations offer both stunning scenery and plenty of activities to keep you busy. Of course, they also come with a higher price tag.
If you’re looking to save some money on your honeymoon, there are plenty of other options to consider.
Popular budget-friendly destinations include the US Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, and Costa Rica.
These locations offer just as much beauty and romance as their more expensive counterparts, but at a fraction of the cost.
No matter where you decide to go, remember that your honeymoon is meant to be a once-in-a-lifetime experience. So don’t be afraid to splurge a little bit – you’ll never regret it!
Although the average cost of a honeymoon is $4,000 – $5,000, there are plenty of ways to save money and still have an amazing time.
If you’re willing to get a little creative, there are lots of alternatives to the traditional honeymoon that can be just as special.
Here are a few ideas to get you started:
1. Have a staycation:
If you live in a city with lots of things to do, spend a few days exploring your own backyard! You’ll save on travel costs and you’ll already be familiar with all the best places to eat, drink, and sightsee.
2. Go camping:
For couples who love the outdoors, spending a few nights camping under the stars can be just as romantic (and much cheaper) than a fancy hotel.
3. Visit a nearby attraction:
If there’s a place you’ve always wanted to visit that’s within driving distance, use your honeymoon as an excuse to finally go! It doesn’t have to be an exotic location to be special.
Whatever you decide to do for your honeymoon, the most important thing is that you spend time together and create memories that will last a lifetime.
As you can see, the average cost of a honeymoon can vary quite a bit depending on your destination and how long you stay.
But no matter where you go or how long you stay, a honeymoon is an opportunity to start your life together as husband and wife in an unforgettable way.
So start planning early, set a budget, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!
- How much does the average honeymoon cost? - June 24, 2022
- What is a Dopp Kit? - June 12, 2022
- Who Pays for the Cake at a Wedding? - June 12, 2022