When it comes to finding the best boot socks, it can be a nuisance if you don’t know where to look or how to decide. That’s why we’ve decided to write this guide. We’ve looked at a range of socks, and divided the guide into categories.
We’ll be covering the best boot socks for women, for men, for the military, and for work. That way you can find the section of the guide that’s most relevant to you.
Table of Contents
- How We Chose The Best Boot Socks
- The Best Work Boot Socks For Professionals
- The Best Military Boot Socks To Look Good In Uniform
- The Best Boot Socks Womens With A Touch Of Character
- The Best Men’s Boot Socks To Have Great Style
How We Chose The Best Boot Socks
Choosing the best boot socks involved a specific process involving 4 key areas. These areas were:
- The Feel
- The Function
- The Aesthetics
- The Value
To briefly explain each of these, a sock needs to feel good on the feet, do what it claims to do in the product description, look pleasing to the eye, and be good value for money.
We’ve only included socks that pass these four tests. That way you know you’re getting a good overview of each one. With the 3 products in each section, they’re ordered by how well they did on average across these 4 areas.
The Best Work Boot Socks For Professionals
It’s important to look great while you’re at work, and that means wearing the best work boot socks that give everyone the right impression. They also need to go well with professional clothes, and not draw too much attention. Here are the 3 picks we found were the best.
Everyday Argyle 4 Multicolor Pack
The best work boot socks we could find were these. You get a pack of 4 so you’ve got some choice during the working week, and they come in a range of patterns that blend in nicely.
- Hand-linked toe with no seams
- Soft and stretchy cotton
- Navy background to ensure the patterns aren’t too bright
- Despite the quality, 4 socks will still cost you $51, so these aren’t a budget option
Dark Solid Multicolor Sock Pack
For socks that aren’t patterned, the best work boot socks are these socks in solid colors. They come in green, blue, red, brown, and black.
- The colors are deliberately muted so they’re good for the work environment
- There are 5 socks in the pack – 1 for each day of the working week
- The varied cuffs, heels, and toes allow for some personalization
- At $64, these are more pricey than the previous set, which is why they’re not our first choice
A Different Stripe Multicolor Sock Pack
For a set of socks that stand out but don’t break the dress code, then you’ll enjoy these. There are 3 socks in the pack, and they have stripes. Red stripes, blue stripes, and cream stripes.
- For those on a budget, the $38 price tag is a bonus
- The stripes allow you to express yourself a little more
- You can pair them with a range of outfits because of the grey background
- The stripes might seem too off-putting for some
The Best Military Boot Socks To Look Good In Uniform
If you’re in the military, then the dress code is very strict. You need camouflage at times, and you can’t wear colors that stand out and draw attention. At the same time, the best military boot socks need to be made from the right fabrics. We made our 3 picks with all this in mind.
Camouflage Gray/Green Sock
This sock is one of the best military boot socks, no matter what mission you’re on. They blend in with any camouflage you might be wearing, and you can choose a green pair or a grey pair. The top and sides are camouflaged.
- The cotton quality provides extra elasticity and softness
- The camouflage design means they’re ideal for any military activities
- It’s a bargain at just $5.98 at the time of writing
- If you want a sock for non-camouflaged situations, this isn’t it.
For those times where you don’t need camouflage, and you’re in a more relaxed military setting, these make a great choice. The airplane pattern and the dark background make them suitable for a celebration or awards ceremony.
- Suitable for less demanding military engagements
- Are stitched neatly so the design is easy to understand
- Are made to be as high-quality as possible
- At $18, the price is quite high for a single pair
City Camo Green No-Show Sock
Unlike the other socks we’ve put on this list, this one is a no-show sock. That means it doesn’t come up past your ankle or over the top of your foot. It’s an unusual choice, and it’s not as durable, but it’s the best military boot socks that are no-show.
- A thinner pair of socks for when you’re dressed light
- Still suitable for wearing with camouflage
- Only $3.98 at the time of writing
- It’s not a traditional sock
- The purple heel and toe are unnecessary
The Best Boot Socks Womens With A Touch Of Character
If you’re looking for socks as a woman, then one of the priorities in addition to all the usual ones will be the character. Socks that let you express yourself as you’d like to. We knew this while selecting the best boot socks womens, and these are the 3 that made the list.
Boba Gray Women’s Sock
For a sock with a design that nobody will miss, you’ll want to choose this pair. The design is pots of ice tea on a gray background, with blue heels and toes. That way they’ll be sure to catch the eye no matter where you are.
- They’re only $13 for a pair, which is a good price considering the design
- They’re made with the Alynn approach, which means they’re great quality
- Comfort is a priority, and the carded cotton makes them great to wear
- The design means they’re probably not good for anything formal
Cup Of Coffee Black Women’s Sock
If you’d like a design that’s a little less vibrant compared to our top pick in this list, then you’ll want to consider this one. It’s got a plain black background, with coffee cups and coffee beans on, plus a grey heel.
- The refined design keeps them personalized and appropriate
- The design is printed well and looks good
- The Alynn approach used for this sock makes them breathable and durable
- No good if you don’t like coffee!
Unicorn Teal Women’s Sock
If you’re into animals, fantasy fiction, or anything like that, then we’ve picked this third choice just for you. Its bright blue background will stand out no matter where you are, and the unicorn patterns are a nice touch as well.
- A unique design you won’t find anywhere else
- High-quality cotton that won’t fade with wear and tear
- Are ideal for expressing yourself with friends or at parties
- The bright colors might be difficult to pair with your other clothes
The Best Men’s Boot Socks To Have Great Style
Wearing the best men’s boot socks is crucial if you want to look cool and have a good time. It means pairing socks that are trendy and go together with what you’re wearing. Here’s our top 3.
Solid Choice Heather Black Sock
For a sock that will suit you in any location at any time with any outfit, there’s nothing better than these plain black socks. There’s also no safer choice to go with than plain black, as it’s very common. This pair also has a different shade of black for the heels, cuffs, and toes.
- A decent everyday sock you can wear anywhere
- Made with cotton that ensures the sock is elastic and gentle
- They’re a fair price, at $15 for a pair
- It will look similar to socks that others wear because it’s plain black
If you’re a lover of baseball, whether that’s playing it or watching it, then these are the best men’s boot socks for you. The design is a series of baseballs on a navy blue background. That makes them look classy and individual at the same time.
- Well-made and eye-catching
- Has the text “pitch, please” on the inner cuff
- Extremely soft cotton makes them a joy to wear
- They’re probably not a good fit with smarter outfits
Dapper Dots Light Blue Sock
If you’d like to look trendy while wearing lighter colors, there’s no better choice than these. They’re pale blue with a dotted pattern, plus solid blue heels, cuffs, and toes. That makes them a good fit for suits and other formal wear.
- A good way to stand out while still looking stylish
- The high-quality design makes them look as nice as they feel
- They allow you to express yourself a little
- Dots may be a challenge to pair with certain outfits
You now know our top 3 best boot socks in each of these four categories. That should narrow down your options and help you come to a decision.
If you want to be sure of getting the best boot socks every time you buy some, then you’ll want to shop at Ties – they stock the most decent selection.