The widest and best selection of the best socks can be had from, of all places, Ties.com. If you’re looking for men’s socks, running socks, hiking socks, or compression socks, Ties have got you covered.
Our goal with this guide is to show you the best of each category.
Table of Contents
- How To Choose The Best Socks
- Best Running Socks
- Best Hiking Socks
- Best Compression Socks
- Best Men’s Socks
How To Choose The Best Socks
The first thing when looking for the best socks for men or women is to know what you need from your socks.
Some socks offer extra support for your arches or have reinforcement for the toe and heel, and some are suited to different weather conditions.
Whatever type of sock you need, we’ve picked out the best choices for you in each category.
Best Running Socks
Not that long ago all running socks were white and 100% cotton.
Today you can get socks for running that provide ventilation or antimicrobial protection, cushioning to help prevent blisters, and fabrics like acrylics, polyester, or wool-nylon blends that wick away moisture.
Our three choices for the best running stocks are the following:
Carded Cotton Aristotle Sock Pack
Going for a run can quickly wear out your socks, so one of the better options you have is buying a sock pack.
This pack in particular makes a great choice. You’ll get 5 socks, which is enough for one pair each weekday. They’re made using the Sock Genius design, which makes them soft and elastic.
- With 5 to choose from, each pair will last longer
- They’re made for durability and comfort
- At $55, the pack is quite pricey, although you are getting 5 pairs
Alynn Newton Sock
If you’re looking for a sock good enough for a quick jog or sprint, this one’s got you covered. It’s got a small pattern that makes it stand out, but nothing over the top. It’s also made with the Alynn design, which makes it soft and stretchy. That way you’ll feel perfectly at ease while you’re running.
- Quality fabrics and stitching
- Simple design that stands out
- Comes in navy blue, emerald, purple, and burgundy
- If you prefer to do your running in plain socks, this isn’t the best choice
Alynn Dog Lover Sock Pack
If you’re a dog owner, then you might go for a run with them. There’s no better pair of socks to wear for that then ones with dog designs on them.
That’s exactly what you’ll get with this pack. Each one is made with the Alynn design, which means top-quality cotton and extra grip strength.
- Patterns for different dog breeds, including dachshunds and chihuahuas
- They’re extremely soft when worn
- They come with a lifetime warranty
- They’re very expensive, at $65
Best Hiking Socks
Like running socks, hiking socks used to be white and cotton. That is why so many of us got blisters when out on the trail!
The criteria to look for in a good running sock is length, thickness or cushioning, fabric, and fit. That’s because you’ll need them to cope with difficult terrain and harsh weather conditions. Our choices for the best hiking socks are the following:
Slate Carded Cotton Reindeer Sock
If you’re going out for a long hike and you live in a colder climate, there’s a chance you might see reindeer.
So that makes these a stylish pick for a hike. But that’s not all. They’re also made with care, according to the Sock Genius design, and from carded cotton.
- A unique pattern that stands out
- Has a heel that will fit your foot perfectly
- The design might not appeal to you
Heather Black Carded Cotton Sock
If you want a sock that gets the job done when you’re out on a hike, without any fun designs, you might like this one.
It’s plain, and blends in nicely with any hiking gear you might be carrying. Plus because it’s made from the Alynn design, you can rely on these socks for a long time to come.
- They’re ideal for wearing in any location and match a wide range of clothes
- The stitching around the toe area is seamless
- They’re dark and don’t have any distinguishing patterns for the heel, cuff, or toe
Multicolor Carded Cotton Long Beach Socks
If you’re interested in grabbing a bargain, then this is it. You’ll get 4 pairs of socks in vibrant colors, so you can have plenty of choices when going for a hike.
They’re particularly suited for the beach, but because of the Sock Genius design, you can wear them anywhere.
- Literally unmissable because of the patterns and colors
- Only $20 for the whole pack
- They wick moisture too
- If you want simple and plain socks, these won’t be a good fit!
Best Compression Socks
Folks who are on their feet all day long and especially those who are developing conditions like varicose veins need compression socks.
These socks need to look good as well as get the job done.
Plus you’ll want to consider the level of compression, fabric type, and if you want a zip-up side. Our choices for the best compression sock are these.
Carded Cotton Solid Black Sock Pack
When it comes to compression, your needs are more clinical than the other sock categories. So socks that are easy to obscure and look like everyday socks are what you need. These are ideal. They’re plain black, and that’s it.
- These socks have good reviews
- You’ll get 5 pairs
- If you do want to change your style, you’ll only have black socks
Multicolor Carded Cotton Spectrum Sock Pack
If you do want to have a splash of color in your compression socks, you’ll probably enjoy this pack of 8. They cover the colors of the rainbow and make your feet feel good with their softness and high-quality construction.
- Brilliant colors that stand out
- Plenty of options for what to wear
- Not useful if you don’t like to wear certain colors
Brown Carded Cotton Solid Choice Sock
If you’re looking for a budget option that doesn’t draw too much attention either, then these should appeal to you. They’re a pleasant shade of brown and have grey toes, heels, and cuffs.
Put simply, they’re average in appearance but premium in quality.
- Just $15
- Has a tall double-cuff for a stronger grip
- You only get 1 pair
Best Men’s Socks
Putting special needs aside, the best men’s socks offer a mix of fashion, comfort, durability, and ease of care. For an excellent range of choices for men’s socks browse our website for ideas.
Here are our choices for the best men’s socks.
Carded Cotton Solid Choice Sock
For a comfortable and durable pair of socks, you can grab one of our carded cotton range.
They come in brown, navy blue, burgundy, olive, and heather black, meaning you can wear whichever color suits you the best. They’re 78% cotton, 20% nylon, and 2% spandex. Plus they’re made using our special Alynn design.
- Premium quality cotton that’s soft and stretchy
- Double cuff that gives you a firm grip
- They only cover shoe sizes 7-13
Carded Cotton Argyle Assassin Sock
If you’re looking to stand out in your socks, then there’s no better option than these. Instead of a solid color, these socks have a range of patterns you can choose from.
The best way to describe it is as a diamond-shaped pattern, with dotted lines in between. It’s got the same Alynn design and top-quality fabrics as the Solid Choice range.
- Helps you stand out from the crowd and be unique
- Can make it easier to match your socks with your suit
- The vibrant colors may not be to everyone’s tastes
Green Bicycle Hipster Sock
If you’re looking for a budget option and a bit of fun, have a look at the Cycle of Life sock. It’s got a pattern of repeating bicycles, with a green background and a yellow heel.
But if you don’t want that, you can have the same design in blue or black too.
It’s made using a special cotton technique that maintains the softness while retaining elasticity. You’ll get all that for only $9.99, which is what gets these socks a place on the list.
- Affordable for everyone
- Made to keep your feet comfortable
- It’s not a good pick for anything serious or formal
Now that you’ve read this far, you’ll know all about the best choices for compression socks, hiking socks, running socks, and men’s socks.
Specifically, you’ve got 3 to choose from in each category, which should give you plenty to pick from. Plus we’ve given any relevant pros and cons for each one.
That way, you won’t have to spend ages finding out all this yourself, as you’ve got this handy article to inform your decision.
- Best Money Clip Wallets for Men - August 4, 2022
- The 7 Best Shirt Stays & Shirt Garters for Guys - July 31, 2022
- Benefits of Beard Oil - July 29, 2022