When temperatures are falling, you’ll get a lot more rain, ice, and snow. That means cold feet even if you’re wearing good shoes. But there’s one way to deal with it, and that’s to wear the best wool socks you can find.
They’ll wick away moisture, regulate the temperature, and make your feet comfortable. That holds true even if you’re running or playing sports. However, there is a problem. Finding the best wool socks in the first place.
There’s a lot of options available, and it’s important that you make the right choice. So we’ve written this guide to help you. It’s split into four sections. Wool socks for men, for women, for winter, and merino wool socks.
We’ve picked 3 socks in each category, and given each one a brief overview. We’ve also given some brief at-a-glance information about each category.
That way you can choose quickly and confidently.
Table of Contents
- The Best Wool Socks For Women To Stay Cozy
- Best Mens Wool Socks That Look Great And Last
- Best Wool Socks For Winter That Keep Your Feet Toasty
- Best Merino Wool Socks That Have Outstanding Quality
The Best Wool Socks For Women To Stay Cozy
The best wool socks for women need to have comfort as their number one priority. Whether you’re in the office, in front of the TV, or out in the garden, you need to keep your feet feeling good.
That means wearing the right wool socks. That’s what we thought about when picking our 3 top choices. Each one stands out in its own way, but they all keep your feet warm and cozy.
Phenomenon Turquoise Sock Pack
The best wool socks for women that we could find are these. They’re made with the Sock Genius design, which means their stitching is high-quality, and they’ll last for a long time.
- They’re currently over 50% off, reduced from $32 to $15
- 3 vibrant patterns to express yourself in
- Moisture-wicking fabric keeps your feet warm and dry
- If you’re looking for something more plain, then these aren’t a great choice
Skateboarding Llama Purple Women’s Sock
For something a little bit different, these Llama socks are ideal. They’re a newly released product, so you can be one of the first to get a pair, and their quality is just as good as the other socks.
- The Alynn design means they won’t tear easily
- Purple socks are tough to come by, but these look brilliant
- The $13 price makes them a bargain
- The heels, toes, and cuffs have the same colors
Ampersand Addict Yellow Women’s Sock
For the lover of literacy, these are the best wool socks for women you’ll ever find. The colors are nice, and the ampersand patterns are intricate and detailed. They also make a great gift.
- Made with the Alynn approach, meaning contoured heels and extra grip
- Yellow background with grey heels, cuffs, and toes looks good
- They’re elasticated so will stretch to the shape of your feet
- The novelty design won’t appeal to everyone
Best Mens Wool Socks That Look Great And Last
It’s not enough for the best mens wool socks to get the job done and nothing else. They also need to suit what you’re wearing, as well as being durable. That means their stitching and designs need to be excellent. Many socks claim to go above and beyond, but we found 3 that do. We’ve covered each one briefly below, so you can find the one you like the most.
This sock immediately caught our attention because it’s so popular. It has a list of five-star reviews, so it’s clear that it delivers on what it promises. It has neat patterns and was made with the 300-needle stitching method.
- They fit your feet very snugly
- They’re on offer right now, at just $9.99 per pair
- The design helps add some fun to your day
- Some might think the patterns are a little childish
Skull and Crossbones Black Sock
We’ve featured these in our list because of the black and white design. That makes them easy to pair with any outfit. Plus they’re high-quality and will last for a long time. They’ve also got positive reviews.
- Easy to match with your other clothes
- Ultra-soft fabric that makes your feet comfortable
- The skull and crossbones design looks trendy
- They’re expensive, costing $18 at the time of writing
If you need a dash of confidence in your day while looking cool at the same time, then these are the best mens wool socks you’ll find. Their classic pattern will also make it blend in with any formal clothes.
- A good choice at any hour of the day
- Made with the Alynn approach that guarantees their quality
- Made for comfort
- Not a good pick if you don’t like dotted patterns
Best Wool Socks For Winter That Keep Your Feet Toasty
When winter comes, there’s nothing more important than keeping warm, dry, and comfortable. That means making careful choices when it comes to the clothes you’re wearing.
We usually think of trousers, gloves, hats, scarves, and coats. But not the socks. So we’ve picked out our top 3 picks that we think are the best wool socks for winter. That way, all you have to do is choose one and then get the right shoes!
Christmas Multicolor Sock Pack
There’s no bigger event in winter than the Christmas season, so there’s no better choice of socks than Christmas socks. That’s why this is our pick for the best wool socks for winter.
- 4 pairs of socks with unique patterns you can choose from
- Each one is top-quality and will last throughout the winter period
- The toes are stitched with comfort in mind
- They only make sense to wear in December
Snowflakes Light Blue Sock
For a pair of socks that perfectly captures the spirit of winter, snowflake socks are ideal. They’re a lighter color sock, which might be easier to wear with other clothes compared to the Christmas socks. They’ll also keep your feet warm too.
- Their pale design shows the quality of the stitching
- At the time of writing, they’re only $5.98
- The calf band makes these socks no-slip
- You only get a single pair per order
Another Christmas-themed sock that we think is one of the best wool socks for winter is this one. You don’t get a whole pack like our first choice, but you do get a well-made and colorful design for a good price.
- $13 is a fair amount for the quality you’re getting
- Red heels and toes make the socks stand out
- The Alynn approach ensures the designs are vibrant
- It’s difficult to find an outfit to match them
Best Merino Wool Socks That Have Outstanding Quality
Merino wool socks are not quite the same as ordinary wool socks. Merino is a natural fiber that wicks moisture and regulates the temperature of your body. So it’s always a bonus to get the best merino wool socks if you can, as they’re one step up from ordinary wool. The trouble is they’re hard to find, so we’ve picked out 3 that met our standards and listed them here.
The Scientist Multicolor Sock Pack
For a high-quality set of the best merino wool socks, consider this pack of 5. It has vibrant patterns that give you a choice of what to wear every day of the working week. They also keep your feet comfortable while showing off high-quality stitching thanks to those patterns.
- A good variety of patterns you can choose from
- A form-fitting heel so that it fits just right
- Stitching that won’t limit the stretching or reduce the comfort
- $55 for the pack might seem pricey for some
Permanent Vacay Ivory Sock
For a sock that’s plainer than some of the others we’ve featured, this one makes a fantastic choice. It’s got a few palm trees on a plain background, so it’s easy to blend them in with any other clothes you’d like to wear.
- On a discount at the moment, costing only $9.99 a pair
- Designed to be as comfortable as possible
- Has a hand-linked toe for extra durability
- Not a good theme for a sock worn in cold temperatures
Dapper Dots Gold Sock
If you want a sock that’s soft, comfy, and brings back those summer memories, then this pair is unbeatable. They’re made from the Alynn design, which means you don’t have to worry about their quality, and the dotted pattern makes them look interesting.
- A pattern and color scheme everyone will notice
- Accents on the heel and toe
- Seamless stitching for extra comfort
- Not worth buying if you don’t want to stand out in a crowd
Now that you’ve read this guide, then you should be well-informed about the best wool socks, and particularly the ones you’d like to buy.
You’ve got options for men’s socks, women’s socks, winter socks, and merino wool socks. That way you can buy gifts for others, and even experiment with the materials you’re wearing. We also did our best to include a mixture of attention-grabbing socks and muted socks, but it’s for you to judge how well we did on that.
There are a lot of other choices that we didn’t have space to cover, but we felt the ones we chose are the best wool socks available at the time of writing. If you want to explore the full range of options that we looked at, here’s how:
Click here to visit the Ties online store. They have all the socks you could ever want.
- Best Money Clip Wallets for Men - August 4, 2022
- The 7 Best Shirt Stays & Shirt Garters for Guys - July 31, 2022
- Benefits of Beard Oil - July 29, 2022